The light artwork “The Beehive” reflects the spirit of WOW-Amserdam . A temporary home for young art professionals, urban explorers and much more.
With a focus on the vibrant character of WOW this light art work is like a totem, the small lights resemble the people passing through, they travel from distant places, like bees they fly into the hive, where they can stay and enjoy, but also work and adding to the legacy, to the spirits which shines out into the world, it embodies and represents the soul of the creative explorer.
Powered by Zumtobel.
working prototype 1.1
For this stool design a few challenging parameters were set first.
- The stool will be produced out of 100% plastic bags, no other material will be used. No connection screws, pins, glue or any type of reinforcement.
- The stool should exceed in strength and durability compared to industrially produced plastic furniture.
- The stool challenges the notion of plastic as a cheap, fragile and thus unsustainable material.
- The stool will be reproducible by a trained plastic craftsman, with relatively basic tools available around the world.
- The stool can be fixed easily.
- The stool will be comfortable to sit on.
Plastic oven designed for Raw Plastic Project